Setting South Dakotans up for success and the 21st Century, starts here!
- Pre-K education to level the playing field for all children across the state
- Pay teachers competitive wages as promised
- Affordability and accessibility to post secondary education for all
- Teach entrepreneurship skills in High School
Accessibility and affordability of healthcare across our great state for all times, especially while going through a pandemic!
- Paid sick leave for all employees to protect themselves and for the benefit of public health
- Support the Affordable Care Act and work towards making health care affordable to all South Dakotans
- Provide Medicare for those not yet covered in South Dakota
- Promote better health care access and services for Native Americans
Citizen involvement is one of the primary reasons I have entered this race. We need more transparency and updates of what is happening in Pierre!
- I will encourage and mentor others so we increase number of individuals running for legislature
- There are too many closed-door caucuses happening in Pierre, where citizens have no idea of the outside influences working to set our agenda
- More accessibility to online voter registration and mail-in voting. [Oregon has seen enormous security and increase in voting with .002% suspected voter fraud
We have many beautiful spaces in South Dakota, and it is what my homesteading grandfather loved so much about this state!
- Many rivers and streams are un-safe for swimming. With buffer zones we can continue to improve our waterways
- Moving to renewable sources of energy like wind and solar will benefit many generations and reduce our carbon footprint
- Planning in cities and towns to encourage more walking and bike riding, and improved public transportation systems
Criminal Justice Reform
While working with prisoners at the South Dakota State Penitentiary, I see great opportunities to decrease populations and to rehabilitate prisoners in many cases!
- Reduce drug ingestion to a misdemeanor from a felony and require rehabilitation programs
- Work with drug and alcohol issues as rehabilitation opportunities first, and implement most advanced, scientifically proven methods
- Bring more holistic methods, like yoga program I have started at South Dakota State Penitentiary, to rehabilitate inmates
South Dakota is a great agricultural state that is also growing in diversity of business sectors and new opportunities each year
- Continue to support medical research and medical companies in all of South Dakota
- Assist rural areas with online connections, as individuals are finding they can work from home anywhere in the world
- Bring more and more assistance to new entrepreneurs in agricultural products, technology, and production and processing advancements
Do you believe it’s time to lead?
Mike Would love to talk to you. Reach out and send him a message.
He’lll get back to you as soon as he can!
Copyright © 2020 Huber for House